There’s one thing you can be sure of when it comes to Christmas… that by the end of the day you’ll be feeling very full & very ready for a nap.
Naturally there’s an added expectation that Christmas day is the mothership of all amazing & delicious foods.. So, if you’ve been asked to bring something to the Christmas feast and currently freaking out because you #1 have NO idea what to make & #2 you’re wanting something cheap & delicious to contribute with..then take a pick of any of these salads. They will be sure to compliment any meat & all other dishes being served! And an added bonus is that they take next to no time to make.. winning!
WOMBOK – The salad that takes no more than 10 minutes to make, but will leave everyone wanting more!
1x half a wombok
4 x shallots
1 xPacket of Chinese noodles
1 x small handful of lightly toasted pine nuts
For the dressing:
1 x tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 x teaspoon Sesame oil
2 x dash White vinegar
1 x teaspoon Sugar
(Add sugar & vinegar to taste to liking)
1. Coarsely chop the wombok & shallots then combine in large serving bowl
2. Add Chinese noodles & pine nuts to bowl
3. Mix all dressing ingredients until well combined, taste to liking, pour over womb mixture & mix until all combined
KALE SLAW – Don’t let the Kale fool you, this one is the definition of YUM!
1 x Coles Kale slaw mix
1 x Finely cut red onion
1 x packet of Chinese noodles
1 x small sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line baking tray. Peel & cut sweet potato into small cubes. Roast until potato is tender
2. Mix Kale slaw mix, red onion & Chinese noodles in large serving bowl
3. Add sweet potato to mixture once cooked
4. Add Kale slaw mix dressing (you’ll find this in the mix packet) over mixture & mix until combined
If you desire, you can always add a meat to either salad for a more filling dish! Merry Christmas lovers xx