After a long day at the office the last thing you want to worry about is what to cook for dinner! When your effort and creative levels are on the drastic decline, but you’re craving something YUM & healthy.. you’re definitely in the mood for pizza.
So to relieve a little stress & without the need to go to the shops, here’s a quick and easy recipe using what you most likely have in the kitchen already – winning!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Lebanese bread – used for your base
Paste or dip of your choice – I love using a beetroot or basil dip for more flavour
Your choice of veggies to roast – Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Capsicum
Other condiments like red onion (finely sliced), spinach, avo, pineapple pieces & mushrooms (thinly chopped to cook quicker)
Your choice of cheese – Parmasen and/or Goats Cheese is always a personal preference
Oil or Rice Malt to coat your veggies pre roasting
Choice of meat to add if desired – you can’t go wrong with a little shredded chicken
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan forced & line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Peel and slice your pumpkin, potato & capsicum roughly half a centermeter thick – depending on how many pizzas your creating or if you’re wanting leftovers is how much veggies you should use – place on baking tray and drizzle a little rise malt (for a little sweeter flavour) or olive oil over the pumpkin & potato. Cook until soft (roughly 15 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, spread your choice of paste or dip over your base. Then cover base with spinach leaves.
4. Once your veggies are cooked, it’s time to start creating! I personally like to layer first with my roast veggies, then red onion, mushrooms and pineapple.
5. Sprinkle your choice of cheese over the top – a little parmasen and goats cheese combination is my favourite!
6. Put pizza on baking tray and cook for roughly 15 minutes or until cheese and base is cooked.
7. Slice & serve!