Sticky date self saucing puddings, need I say more? Looking through the Coles cooking recipes, this title and image had me on my knees at first sight. Perfect right now in the cooler weather as we cuddle into our partners (or blankets). This treat takes 25 mins to cook so you can easily pop it in as you eat your dinner and it will be ready to enjoy with perfect timing! Anyways the instructions are as follows:
1 cup (140g) dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
60 g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly whisked
Thickened cream or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
1 tbsp custard powder
40g butter, finely chopped
1 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 6 x 1 1/2cup (375ml) capacity ramekins or ovenproof dishes.
- Place the dates and bicarbonate of soda in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and egg to the date mixture and whisk to combine. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Spoon evenly among the prepared ramekins.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar and custard powder in a jug. Add the butter, golden syrup and 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of boiling water and stir until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Pour the hot sauce over the back of a metal spoon over each ramekin. Place the puddings on a baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve the puddings with thickened cream or vanilla ice-cream.
and enjoy! xx