Those fresh mornings and cooler nights are well on their way. This means not only do our wardrobes change but our tastebuds too. We tend to crave those warm and hearty meals, I know I sure do! So this week on the blog, I thought it’d only be fair to share one of my favourite meals for these cooler months. Taken from those handy little Coles cookbooks, Bean Chilli will surely be a fave of yours too! It’s super simple, affordable and serves 5 people. Prep time is only five minutes and cooking time is fifteen! Voila!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 small fresh red chilli, chopped
- 400 g can Coles Brand 4 Bean Mix
- 420 g can Mexican chilli beans
- 400 g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 450 g pkt microwave white rice
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the capsicum, Cajun seasoning, chilli, 4 bean mix, Mexican chilli beans and tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following packet directions.
- Serve the chilli with the rice and yoghurt.
Change it up a little by swapping the rice for mash, quinoa or cous cous. Even add a side of light sour cream on the plate instead of yoghurt. It’s just as delicious!