Moving on from Christmas, I thought it’d only be fair to share one of my absolute fave treats of the silly season with you – bliss balls! My big sissy has a mean bliss ball recipe with a Christmas twist – just to keep those holiday vibes lingering. It’s a healthier option as we all know we’re all guilty of proper feasting over the festive season. So yum-mo, let’s go!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1/3 Cup x Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup x Cacao Powder
1/3 Cup x Dried Cranberries
1/3 Cup x Goji Berries
Cup x Almonds
1/2 Cup x Shredded Coconut (plus extra for coating or desiccated coconut if you prefer)
1/4 Cup x Chia Seeds
Cup and a 1/2 of dates.
– Soak dates in a small bowl of water with about a cup of water for 10 mins.
– Combine all other ingredients in a food processor or a blender.
– Add dates to the mixture and a tablespoon of the water used for soaking. – – Blend and stop to add more tablespoons of the water again as the mixture may need it to blend smoothly.
– Put extra shredded coconut for in a bowl ready for rolling.
– Wet hands.
– Use a teaspoon to spoon a heaped spoonful from your mixture. This will give you a guide for good sized balls.
– Roll in hands and then in shredded coconut. Place finished bliss ball in a bowl or container.
– Once mixture has been rolled, place bliss balls in the fridge for a least 30 mins and then indulge!
FOR THE HOLIDAY TWIST – Turn these bad boys into healthy rum balls!
Change the quantity for dates to a cup.
1 Cup x Sultanas.
1/3 Cup x Dried Cranberries.
1/2 Cup x Dark Rum
– Roughly chop them all up together.
– Place in a bowl with 1/2 cup of dark rum and cover with cling wrap.
– Place in fridge and let them soak over night.
– Combine with the rest of the ingredients as before.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year lovers! Bon appétite!